Thanks to my house-owner who set up a crappy microwave in the apartment. That’s the only reason I think I decided to go and buy myself a new one with a convection system in it. Its been quite a while since I took the time out to bake and ever since I bought it a week ago I have been excited to make cakes or bakes or breads or anything. I just wanted to use it!
The day had arrived. Today it was! I made a choco-nutella cake. Its was pretty simple and quick. I now only regret postponing my oventures (Pun intended. A really bad one I think!) this long.
So, here’s my recipe. It’s fairly easy to whip up and would make a great party dessert or a kids play date treat! You could do up the icing differently , but I decided to simply spread a choco-spread over the cake with a wavy butter knife to get a simple pattern and dusted it with a bit of a cocoa powder and powdered sugar to make it Instagram worthy. Ha!
- 15-20 mins to prepare
- 25 mins to bake
- Butter : 150 gms
- Brown sugar : 1/3 cup
- Nutella : 80 to 100 gms
- Eggs : 2
- Flour : 200 gms
- Baking powder : 1 tsp
- Salt : A pinch (If you are using salted butter you can avoid salt)
- Combine Butter + sugar and beat (preferably in an electric beater) until fluffy.
- Add Nutella and beat on low speed. Add eggs one by one and continue to beat.
- In a separate bowl add : Flour + baking soda + salt
- Fold the Nutella mixture into the flour and mix until ingredients are combined really well.
- Preheat the oven at 190 C (375 F). Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 25 mins!
- Prepare icing as mentioned above.
Its quite simple, told ya.