I have my new found love for this cake because it takes only 1/3 cup butter for a whole batch! Finally I can indulge without being guilty 🙂
YOU’LL NEED :
- Salted butter : 1/3 cup
- Sugar : ½ cup white , ½ cup brown sugar
- Flour : 1 ½ cups
- Banana – 4 ripe bananas
- Baking soda : 1tsp
- Salt : ½ tsp
- Walnuts : 1 cup chopped.( I used ½ cup walnuts and ½ cup almonds cos’ I was running out of walnuts. But it turned out just great)
- Egg : 1
- In a large bowl cream butter (softened) + sugar + baking soda + salt . Mix well
- Add egg. Mix well.
- Add bananas. Mix well. (You can use a masher or hand squish them well)
- Add flour. Mix well.
- Stir in the nuts. Mix well.
- Pre-heat oven to 160’ C (325’ F)
- Pour batter into a greased baking pan and bake for 60-70 mins
TIPS and NOTES !
- You know your cake is baked well if it comes out clean and dry. It should not be greasy.
- I am still an amateur baker but from my experience with 3 ovens and loads of recipe experiments I have come to know that baking time highly depends on the oven and the season. I may sound highly scientific (!! :p) but it definitely is true for me.
- This Rule #3 is very imp! So , if you have to bake for, say 60 mins . Stop at 30 mins to check on it. Then bake for 5 or 7 mins each time to check on how its doing. At some check point you’ll know if you have to stop already or maybe bake for some extra time over 60 mins. Depends on your oven! That’s what I do. I never trust the online baking time…everything else I follow exactly! This rule has never failed me especially at my first attempts! Once you’ve baked it through, you’ll know your own bake time and the rules that suit you!
- You can also make this recipe without the egg. I added the egg to make it a bit moist. If you are not using egg you should reduce the bake time by ~half. But remember, Rule #3 still applies.