Easy, bite-sized, quite filling and a fun appetizer!
- Whole Mushrooms : 20-25 pieces (Cremini/White/Swiss brown)
- Shallots : 2 Finely chopped
- Garlic : 2 cloves finely sliced
- Cream Cheese : 2/3 cup
- Salt & Pepper
- Carefully cut the stems off the mushrooms and scrape out some mushroom filling using a small knife or spoon from each cap. Prick the caps using a fork 2 or 3 times. (See pic)
- Sautee garlic for 30 secs until it stars turning golden. Add chopped shallots and sauté until translucent. Add the mushroom scrap and sauté for 2-3 mins until its well cooked and blended. Add salt and pepper to season. Turn off stove and let it cool.
- Fold in this mixture into softened cream cheese and mix well – Filling is ready!
- Fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of the cream cheese filling. Top with some mozzarella.
- Preheat oven to 180’C. Bake for 20 mins. – Serve immediately!
Below pic : Mushroom caps after step#1 (Filling scraped out and pricked with a fork)
Below pic : Cream cheese + shallots + garlic mixture
- I lightly sauté the whole mushrooms on a pan after I scrape out at step #1. This is to ensure the mushrooms are really well-cooked.
- Place the baked mushroom caps on a tissue before you serve them. This is to absorb any excess oil oozing from it after baking.
- You can bake 25-30 caps in one batch on a cookie tray
Appetizer # 2 coming up tomorrow. Bon Appetite!