Going oriental today 🙂 Momos, much to my surprise are decently simple to make and super healthy to eat. It’s got veggies and it’s steamed. Mom can indulge too! Below is the kiddies version..
You’ll need for wrapper :
- Flour : 1 cup
- Oil : 5-6 tsp
- Warm water : Approx ¼ cup
You’ll need for Filling :
- Ginger ( ½ inch), garlic (2) , and G.Chilli (1) – Very finely chopped
- Assorted veggies : Cabbage, carrots,beans : 2 cups – Very finely chopped
Method for wrapper:
- Mix flour + 3-4 tsp oil + water tsp by tsp to make smooth dough. Knead well for 5 mins.
- Add 2 tsp oil and knead again. Cover with wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 30 mins
Method for filling:
- Saute : Ginger + Garlic + G.Chilli in 2 tsp oil
- Add the veggies and sauté until tender. Let it coo
Below pic : Dough
Below pic : Veggie Filling
Method for rolling and steaming:
- Make small balls and roll out thin round sheets (pic below)
NOTE : Make small balls, coat it with oil and then roll out. Don’t add flour while rolling
- Stuff each sheet with a 1.5 tsp of filling and seal it (see step by step below)
- Place it in steamer and steam for 15 mins. Serve with chilli sauce or ketchup !
Below pictures : Step by step momo wrapping
Step 1 :
Step 3 :
Step 5 :
Bon Appetite. Happy Parenting!