Going Indian today 🙂 Paneer is Indian cottage cheese. It looks like tofu but has much firmer texture. If you are in US / UK you’ll get this is any international supermarket or Indian grocery store. If you are in HK you’ll also get it at Welcome supermarket. This is my favorite Indian appetizer – Spicy and cheesy!
You’ll need :
- Paneer : 1 packet cubed (~250 gm)
- Besan (ground channa dal powder) or Corn Flour – ½ cup
- G.Chilli – 1
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander – 3-4 sprigs
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Cube the paneer and set aside. Heat oil for frying in a wok.
- Mix rest of the dry ingredients together. Add water tbsp by tbsp until you get a thick paste.
- Dip the paneer (6-8 pieces) in the paste and carefully drop them one by one iin the oil wok and fry until golden brown. Its ready! Serve with chutney/chilli sauce.
Bon Appetite . Happy Parenting!